Monday 6 November 2017

Still dark at the pool

All was quiet when I reached the path high above Chapman's Pool, the Sun wasn't awake enough reached the water, the Pheasants that joined us for the walk were keeping themselves to themselves and the dawn chorus was made up of distant sheep and cows.
In the bay below a single fishing boat was checking pots and amusing the gulls, a yacht appeared in the distance and made the most of a light breeze but apart from that all really was quiet.
From here you can see for miles, the view stretches past Houns tout, Kimmeridge and Lulworth with the Chesil bank and Portland providing the horizon: the lack of anything happening does nothing to spoil my time here.
There are many fine views on the Isle of Purbeck and this part of our coast provides my favourites.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...