Saturday 23 December 2017

Knock, Knock...

This morning's early wander was damp and grey and took me through the woods to Durlston Castle. This is never a bad choice and is my 'go to' dog walk when the weather is not great.
Before I even entered the woods though the main sound was of two woodpeckers trying to out knock each other, and this means the start of a game of hide and seek that I enjoy far too much.
It took a while, partly because of the echo and partly because of the gloom, but I finally spotted the first Great Spotted Woodpecker high in the trees happily headbanging but the second remained hidden. No photo today as it was far too dark under the trees but this is one from a sunnier day after another game of Woodpecker Hide & Seek.

No comments:

Quiet but never silent.

I missed the Sun this morning, not because I was late but because the early wander was done and dusted by the time the clouds cleared. When...